How to Make Jump Rings for Jewelry
Jump rings are very essential when it comes to making jewelry. Besides they’re useful for repairing jewelry as well. Before I knew about wire jewelry crafting, I struggled to find a jump ring in time of need, but now I don’t even think about it because I can make tons in no time. This tutorial will show you how to make jump rings by yourself within a few minutes.
You don’t need to be an expert to make jump rings. Read how to make jump rings instructions. Gather all the supplies as listed below and get started!
How to Make Jump Rings
- Craft wire – 16 gauge wire or 18 gauge wire.
- Craft pliers – looping and cutting pliers.
- Hold the wire from an end without cutting it from the bundle.
- Take the wire and make a loop with it, starting from the largest part of the looping pliers.
- Keep coiling the wire downwards while moving the coils upwards.
- Continue to coil the wire around the same part (large part) of the pliers until it is full.
- Cut off the coiled wire from the bundle with cutting pliers.
- To make a jump ring, you will need to use a complete circle of wire. Pull out a complete wire circle as shown in the picture.
- Cut off that circle with the cutting pliers.
- You’ve made a jump ring! Similarly cut off every complete circle to make more jump rings.
They’re easy to make and turn out perfect. These jump rings are great for making jewelry.
I hope you liked our how to make jump rings with wire tutorial. Don’t forget to share a picture if you make one! You can share your picture with hashtag #craftaholicwitch or just DM your picture to us on Instagram.
You May Also Like our DIY wire rings and DIY beaded wire earring neckless. tutorials.