Jump rings are very essential when it comes to making jewelries. Besides they’re useful for repairing jewelries as well. Before I knew about wire jewelry crafting I had to struggle to find a jump ring in time of need but now I don’t even think about it because I can make tons in no time.
This tutorial will show you how to make jump rings by yourself within a few minutes.
You don’t need to be an expert to make jump rings. Gather all the supplies as listed below and get started!
- Craft wire – 16-18 gauge wire.
- Craft pliers – looping and cutting pliers.
- Hold the wire from an end without cutting it from the bundle.
- Take the wire and make a loop with it, starting from the largest part of the looping pliers.
- Keep coiling the wire downwards while moving the coils upwards.
- Continue to coil the wire around the same part (large part) of the pliers until it is full.
- Cut off the coiled wire from the bundle with a cutting pliers.
- To make a jump ring, you will need to use a complete circle of wire. Pull out a complete wire circle as shown in the picture.
- Cut off that circle with the cutting pliers.
- You’ve made a jump ring! Similarly cut off every complete circle to make more jump rings.
They’re easy to make and turn out perfect.These jump rings are great for making jewelries. Enjoy!