In this tutorial, we’ll learn how to make charms for jewelry-making projects from craft wire. These charms can be used for making accessories, jewelry, decoration piece, and much more!
Have a look at the list of supplies below and check if you’ve got everything on hand.
How to Make Charms
- Craft wire – 18-20 gauge
- Craft pliers – looping, cutting and flat-nose pliers
- Cut a small piece of wire, mine was 3 cm long.
- Create a small loop at an end of the small wire.
- Similarly create another loop at the other end of the wire, but this time wind the wire in the opposite direction of the previous one.
- Hold any one loop with the looping pliers and circle the remaining wire around that loop to create a swirly pattern.
- I circled the wire only once since the wire I took was small.
- Use the flat nose pliers to flatten the charm or you can hammer the charm as well, but this is optional.
They look cute right? You can use them for making jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, anklets, earrings, and so on.
Don’t forget to share your feedback in the comments below. Share pictures of your version of the craft with us if you do give them a try. You can share your picture with hashtag #craftaholicwitch on Instagram or Facebook or just DM your picture to us on Instagram or Facebook page.