Hello, crafty people, this week we’re sharing a simple, fun, and beautiful DIY jewelry project; learn how to make hoop earrings with beads with the help of our tutorial. We will also share some tips on how to put on hoop earrings effortlessly.
Today’s DIY jewelry project is a relatively easy one and you can consider it beginner-friendly as well. The project requires only a few supplies, beading and wire coiling techniques and at the end of today’s article, we shared some beginner tips and a video tutorial on making hoop earrings.
Growing up, I faced huge difficulties in putting on hoop earrings (I guess everyone does). Well, now I have overcome that problem (almost :D). So, I included some tips for beginners on how to put on hoop earrings effortlessly.
One more thing, if you want to learn how to make hoop earrings with beads but don’t have the supplies, don’t worry, it won’t cost you more than $2 for a pair. You’ll have plenty of supplies left after crafting 1 pair of beaded hoop earrings using supplies worth $2 or less.
How to make Hoop Earrings with Beads and Wire
Things You’ll Need to Make Beaded Hoop Earrings
- Hoop earring base – 2
- Beading wire
- Round beads – 0.5 cm or.75 cm
- Craft pliers – looping, flat nose, and cutting pliers
Instructions to Make Beaded Hoop Earrings
Step 1: Initial Coiling
Take a hoop earring base and the beading wire. Start by coiling the beading wire around the closed end of the hoop earring band. Try to coil the beading wire around the hoop earring as tightly as possible. Coil at least 4 times; but you can coil more than 4 times if you want to.
Once you’re done creating the initial coil part, you can start beading. Keep enough wire for beading and cut off the wire from the budnle. For a 4 cm hoop earring, we’re using a 12 inches beading wire (including the initial coil).
Step 2: Threading the Beads
Select the beads and insert them into the beading wire through its open end. You can use beads of random sizes and arrange them randomly, or you can bead them in an organized way. We’re using small round faux pearl beads; arranging them as the following pattern- small-medium-small. Insert 2 to 4 beads as you wish.
Step 3: Arranging Beads and Adjusting Wire
Push the inserted beads all the way to the closed end, adjacent to the initial coil. If the wire is drawn from the backside of the hoop earring band, after beading the wire, draw it from the front to the backside. To be more precise, keep the coiling direction the same even after beading.
Step 4: Securing the Beads
Secure the first set of beads by coiling the open end of the wire around the hoop earring band. Coil 2 to 3 times and as tightly as possible.
Step 5: Repeat the Process
Repeat step 2 to step 4 to create the next set of beads around the hoop earring band.
Step 6: Fill the Hoop Base
Continue the previous beading steps until you’re happy with the beading pattern. But remember to keep enough space to wear the earrings; keeping an inch of the hoop earring band intact should do.
Step 7: The End Coil
Once you’re done beading, you can coil the remaining wire 4 or more times around the hoop earring band.
Step 8: Finishing the Design
Cut off the extra wire if required. Use flat-nose pliers to flatten the open end of the coiled wire and give the earring a nice and finished look.
Step 9: Complete the Pair
Similarly, craft the other earring to complete the beaded hoop earring pair.
Video Tutorial: How to Make Beaded Hoop Earrings
Beaded Hoop Earrings: Tips for Beginners
Here are some tips in case you’re having difficulty making hoop earrings with beads.
- Select sturdy and non-flexible earring hoop bases for this project.
- Use 26 gauge to 28 gauge wire for beading.
- Select small beads or medium-sized beads as they are easier to manage.
- Do not bead the entire hoop; Keep an inch intact near the open end of the hoop for wearing the earring.
How to Put on Hoop Earrings Effortlessly
Putting on hoop earrings can be tricky and difficult sometimes. So, I put together some tips on wearing hoop earrings without much hassle.
- The hoop earring base we used for these pairs have a half cm bent part. If you insert the bent part through your ear.
- However, for other types of hoop earrings, you will need to figure out how to open and close the earring and it’ll be easier for you to put them on.
- No matter what type of hoop earrings you’ll be putting on, make sure to sanitize your earrings.
- To put on the earrings without difficulty, you can apply balm or oil on the stud or open end of the earrings.
- Use a mirror so that you can see when you’re putting the earring on.
- Open the earring, push it from the front, and carefully insert it till it comes out the backside of your ear lobe.Make sure to close the hoop once you put it on.
- Cose the hoop securely.
Here are some of our DIY Earring tutorials that you may also like
- How to Make Beaded Festive Earrings
- Beginner Friendly Earring Tutorials
- How to Make Clay Earrings
- How to Make Quilled Paper Earrings
- How to Make Leather Earrings
- How to Make Sea Shell Earrings
This beaded hoop earring can be a great starter project if you’re new at beading hoops for jewelry. You can mix and match different types of beads to come up with various designs. All you need is a little time, some practice, required supplies and you’re good to go. We’re hopeful that this tutorial can guide you to learn the basic hoop beading technique in no time.
Like always, we absolutely love seeing you re-create our projects; if you do craft one or two pairs of our beaded hoop earrings, please do tag us on Facebook or Instagram (use #thecraftaholicwitch) and show us how you’re styling with the beaded hoop earrings.
Have a wonderful Day!