Create Wire Wrapped Button Pendant
Don’t these button pendants loo super cute? Want to know how I made’em? Great! In this tutorial I will show you how to make cute wire wrapped button pendants in few easy steps.
- Craft wire – 18 gauge
- Craft pliers
- Select a button of your choice, it’s better to use buttons with 2 holes for making this pendant. Hold the open end of the craft wire, I used gauge copper craft wire. Do not cut the wire from the bundle and insert about 10 cm of the wire though a hole of the button.
- Leave 6 cm of the wire straight from the open end and then bend the wire. Insert the open end of the wire through the other hole of the button.
- Pull the open end all the way through the button’s hole.
- Now bend the wire as shown in the 4th picture of the collage above to flatten the wire on both sides with the button.
- Make a small loop at the open end of the wire and then circle the wire around the loop to create swirly pattern. Do not use the entire remaining wire at the open end, keep 1 cm intact between the swirl and button.
- Bend the swirly part upwards and flatten it with the button, below the button hole.
- Now we’ll work with the wire on the closed end. Make a loop with the wire by keeping the loop adjacent to the button.
- Coil the wire 2-3 times below the loop. After coiling the wire keep 5-6 cm extra wire and then cut off wire from the bundle.
- Make a small loop at the end of the wire.
- Circle the wire around the loop to make swirl. Keep 1 cm wire intact.
- Now bend the wire to flatten the swirly part with the button. Position the swirl on the button as you want.
Done! I made 3 of these in just 10 minutes. You can use different kinds and colored buttons and wires for more variation. These wire wrapped pendants can also be used as purse charms or cell phone charms. Enjoy!