Create String-Art Heart Card
Valentines Day is near and many of us have already started to look for cute gift ideas for the specials ones! There are tons of gift ideas and we don’t usually stumble to buy or make one. But still, a handmade gift is undoubtedly better the store bought ones. So why not make a cute string art heart card for you Valentine!
Check out the supplies list and give it a try!
- Cardstock Paper
- Crochet Thread
- Tapestry Needle
- Prepare your card. Trace an outline of a heart shape on the card.
- Use the ruler to measure and mark dots around the heart with equal distance between them. I kept 1 cm gap between the dots. Use an awl to punch holes on the dots. Keep a piece of cardboard under the card paper while punching the holes and also make sure to unfold the card so that the other part of the card stays safe.
- Prepare needle and thread. Draw the needle through the the hole on the bottom center of the heart. Hold 1 inch of the thread with your fingers on the other side.
- Draw the needle through the hole on the top center of the heart.
- Bring the needle out from the hole near the center hole. Again draw the needle into the hole as shown in the picture.
- Tie 2 knots with the initial 1 inch thread and the reaming thread.
- This is how the front page will look like after creating 2 lines of the string art.
- You will have to work your way with the thread diagonally. We’re halfway through the design.
- Continue to do the same. Almost done now! Draw the needle into the last hole.
- Tie a knot and trim extra thread. You can cover the pattern on the back by gluing a piece of paper on it.
You can use different colored thread to create color shades. However you make it it will look cute, just make sure to punch the holes neatly and keep a sound pattern while creating the art. Happy crafting!