Vegetable Omelette in Peppers Ring
Breakfast is the most important meal to start a day, we must start our day with something healthy and nutritious. So lets try something healthy, yummy and crafty!
Omelet is one of my fav breakfast and I’ve been doing some experiments on it! Breakfast becomes so much fun when you get to be a little crafty with it! Here’s a recipe of the yummy, healthy, fun and fresh veggie colored omelet I’ve been having for my breakfast for the past few days.
Don’t forget to give it a try, hope you enjoy it!
List of Ingredients:
- Bell Peppers for the ring– 1, medium size, color of your choice
- Egg – depending on the number of people to be served
- Salt and Cumin Powder – for taste
- Bell Peppers – green and yellow
- Tomato – 1, small size
- Purple Onion – 1, small size
- Carrot – 1, small size
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Preparing Time: 6 minute
Cooking Time: 6 minute
1. Wash the vegetables and chop them into small cubes. The size of the chopped vegetables would depend on the size of the peppers ring, the smaller the peppers ring the smaller the chopped vegetables should be.
2. Crack an egg in a small bowl and beat it nicely. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of cumin powder; Beat the egg to mix the salt and cumin powder.
3. Wash the peppers and cut it into half an inch thick rings. Remove the seeds and centers of the peppers rings to create the ring.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil or any kind of oil you prefer in a non-sticky frying pan and put it over medium heat. Once the oil is heated bring heat to medium low and place a peppers ring into the pan. Cook for 2 minute.
5. After 2 minute pour the egg mixture into the ring, filling half of its thickness. If egg leaks from the peppers ring carefully remove the leaked eggs with a small spoon.
6. Add the chopped vegetables by sprinkling them into the ring, over the egg mixture. Bring the heat to medium again and cook for a minute.
7. Cover the pan and cook for another 3 minute.
You may flip the omelette ring but I like it un-flipped, the colors of the vegetable remain fresh and bright that way.
Serve hot with toast and butter, it tastes great!
Enjoy your delicious and healthy breakfast!