Create Pretty Satin Flowers
Fabric flowers have become quite a popular kind of craft today. Fabric flowers include – satin flower, cotton fabric flower, silk flower, ribbon flower and so on. Making fabric flowers is not only fun but also very addictive! Once you start crafting one, you’ll automatically come up with new patterns or you can simply search for more patterns online.
Anyways, here’s a fun and easy satin flower tutorial. It’s super easy to follow and requires a few basic craft supplies. Spare only 10 minutes for this lovely craft project. You can use these flowers for many other crafts.
- Satin fabric
- Needle and thread
You will need to cut out 11 pieces from satin fabric or ribbon to make this flower. You can cut as many pieces as you want but if you want to create the pattern I created you can simply follow my instructions.
We’re going to use 3 pieces as the base – these 3 round pieces should be of 3 different diameters, each being half centimeter smaller than the other. We’ll need 6 round pieces for the middle part, the basic petals. And finally we need 2 pieces for the center part of the flower.
Done cutting all the round pieces for the flower? Use a lighter to burn the sides of the round satin pieces but it’s better to use candle. Carefully burn the sides of all the pieces. If you’re using satin fabric the pieces will curl around the sides while burning but in case you’re using satin ribbon the sides won’t curl.
- Prepare your needle and thread. Take the smallest base piece and a piece prepared for the middle part (petals).
- Stitch the petal with the smallest base piece at a side. Place another petals beside the first petal by slightly overlapping it and then stitch that one as well.
- Keep stitching the petals around the edge of the base piece until you’ve covered the entire edge.
- Place the 2 base pieces under the stitched piece. And then place the 2 center pieces on their position. Prepare needle and thread and draw it through the center of the satin layers.
- Stitch the center and meanwhile attach the beads on the center.
- After attaching beads simply draw the needle to the back, tie a knot and cut off extra thread.
Done! Create these flowers to make anything you want- finger ring, headband, hair clip, decoration piece, brooch pin – and almost any kind of accessories. Enjoy!