I love to make jewelries and accessories. I love simple earrings, they look elegant… and… well, simple! I’ve been wanting to make sea shell earrings and there, I finally made’em!
This earring projects requires the basic craft supplies, I’m sure you have them at home. The steps are really easy to follow. Check out the tutorial!
- Se shells – 2
- Craft wire – 18 gauge
- Craft pliers
- Faux pearl beads – 2
- Craft glue
- Wooden board, awl and pencil
I used thin sea shells so I made holes in them quite easily.
- Mark the spot for making a hole on the shell as I’ve done in the first picture.
- Place the sea shell on a wooden board. Gently rotate the awl on the marked spot and apply pressure carefully. Once a small hole is made you can stop rotating the awl.
- Now, turn the shell around. Use the awl carefully to enlarge the hole and give it a smooth round shape. Similarly make hole on another sea shell, we’ll need two of them since we’re making earrings.
- I used faux pearl beads. Select the pearl beads of your choice but I would suggest to use white, off-white and cream color, they look great!. Simply glue the pearl bead on the center of the shell. Allow the glue to dry in case you’re using white glue or craft glue.
- You will need 2 jump rings and 2 earring hooks to complete the earrings. I made them from silver coated craft wire. Attach the jump ring with the sea shell through the hole we’ve made before and also attach the hook through the jump ring.
Done! You can use different kinds of shells and pearl beads for more variation. Happy crafting!